As part of Turkel’s Cabinetry and Specification Teams, you will develop a complete set of systematized services for our design-savvy clients, collaborating with the team to provide custom built-in casework for residential living spaces.
- CKB Certification
- Expertise in:
- Designing contemporary cabinetry, casework, and custom residential millwork for high-end clients
- Fitting and coordinating high-end appliances, accessories, and fixtures into cabinetry and millwork
- Managing client relationships, including preparing and delivering custom online presentations for a sophisticated clientele
- Coordinating the fabrication of custom, residential, high-end millwork, and cabinetry manufacturing (minimum 12 years)
- Creating and reviewing shop drawings and cabinetry orders
- Vendor management and quality control
- Coordinating installation of high-end millwork
- Managing job flow, staff, and resource allocation
- Ability to work with multiple casework product lines
- High technical awareness regarding manufacturing and integration of custom elements
- Experience in wood-frame residential construction industry to ensure a clear understanding of construction methods, fabrication, and installation techniques
- Proficiency in SketchUp, Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Excel (SketchUp is our primary design platform and we will provide bridging training from mid-level proficiency to the high standard required for this role.)
- Experience with Revit is a plus, but not required.
- Use SketchUp to design and present original design work.
- Research, analyze, and advise on detailed built-in casework, specifications, industry/local standards, materials, and processes, to establish a comprehensive and integrated casework design for individual clients, while developing a highly curated series of selections for our discerning clientele.
- Work with the Project Team to develop appropriate solutions for each individual client, including budget, schedule, and vendors and installer coordination.
- Develop job management system for resource allocation.
- Challenge the status quo and act as a change agent for continuous improvement.
- Coordinate and maintain lasting relationships with clients, manufacturers, consultants, builders, and vendors.
- Detail-oriented, organized, with strong technical skills
- Highly self-motivated, and creative thinker
- Fun, sharp, enthusiastic, with strong communication skills
- Committed to quality and client satisfaction
- Someone who has a pride of authorship
- Identifying problems and working with others to find creative solutions
- Working independently, collaboratively, and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Multi-tasking and maintaining focus on a portfolio of projects
- Identifying and incorporating new and innovative products
- Subsidized health insurance
- 401k program with generous matching
To apply, please submit
- Cover letter
- Resume or C.V.
- Work sample
- Salary expectation